Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Music, Boogers, and ABC's

snow bunny
Not really, she only likes to be out in the cold for a few minutes and is ready to come inside. Which is fine by me because I'm the same way. Sad for Brent because it looks like he didn't get a snowmobile buddy out of Brityn.



doing a little coloring-
one of Brityn's favorite things to do


I should include a "then" picture with this "now" picture. Brent always liked to put Brityn on the refrigerator when she was a baby. He wanted to see how big she was up there now... a lot bigger than the before pictures!

pony tail
She kept it in her hair the whole time we were out and about, and promptly pulled it out the minute we got home and informed me "I don't like pony tail, momma"



She LOVES her Pooh blanket, but not as much as her teeth binky, and she does love me more than either one :) at least that is what she told me this morning.



Brityn has been really into music for the last four or five months. We used to have to listen to Dora, Handy Manny, and Elmo. Now it's Ho-tannah (that would be Hannah Montana :) she can say Hannah Montana but chooses to call her Ho-tannah) and Selena Gomez. I'm thankful for the chance to listen to something other than Dora's version of Itsy Bitsy Spider, don't get me wrong, but... there are only 3 songs she wants to listen to over and over and over. Party in the USA, Naturally, and Magic. I even made her a cd with a bunch of mixed music from her favorite shows and she makes me skip through all of them to get to Selena and Ho-tannah.

Boogers- may become the bane of my existence. Let me tell you a little about boogers and Brityn. My mom, Carol (mil), Brityn, and I went to Bozeman a couple weeks ago. Brityn apparently had a booger and Carol took it and disposed of it. Well, this made Brityn pretty mad. She cried for a good ten minutes saying "I want my booger back, Grandma." Okay, it was pretty funny in a ridiculous sort of way.

Some not so funny things about boogers and Brityn- I would guess I wipe about 20 boogers off her nose and fingers daily, real and imaginary. For several nights she would actually call me into her room to tell me she had a booger. One night at 2:30 a.m. and the next night at 3:30 a.m. She is not sick right now, mind you. These are just little hard boogers she has dug out of her nose. I started giving her a wipe before bed to clean her boogers off with and this has ended the middle of the night booger cleaning, for me at least.

Potty training- is not happening, but I think we are getting close. Despite the fact that she continually tells us "I don't want to be a big girl" after reading a potty book about how big girls go pee and poop in a big girl potty. After she poops and pees she asks to have diaper changed. And this morning for the first time ever, she had a completely dry diaper! We are making progress.

ABC's- she can almost say the whole alphabet on her own. She doesn't really know the letters by sight but she can spell out BINKY with her refrigerator letters... obsess much?

Two year checkup- weight 23.5 lbs (10%). height 33" (35%).

Kisses- she makes me wipe them off. But on the flip side she is just as lovey as ever, giving lots of kisses and hugs and telling us she loves us so much. Guess the affection just has to be on her terms :)

1 comment:

Becky and Scott said...

awww, i so LOVE this post!!!!!!!!! I love everything about it! And it sounds like Brityn and Levi are opposites. He LOVES being outside in the cold/snow, but he hates to color! lol And I can't believe how long Brit's hair is!! I love the pony tail pictures. OMgosh the booger story CRACKS ME UP!!!!!! Levi is ALWAYS handing me his boogers and says "I got one!" Its funny!!!!!