Monday, July 15, 2013

4th of July




In one of her "moods"

waving at all the floats

Right after he got to hug Sponge Bob, and almost got knocked over. I don't even let my kids watch that show, don't know why they love him so much :/


The third we went and watched the fireworks with Caitlin, Sophie, Trent, Chris, and Timmy. On the fourth we went to the parade with Papa and Grandma Carol and then went to their house for a BBQ. Afterwards, we went camping for the weekend. Pictures to come...

Funny story-

Let me start by saying, Moto is getting old and has trouble going up and down the stairs. He hasn't been inside the house in probably eight months. When we came home after the fireworks and we didn't see him we assumed he was hiding in the garage. In the morning Brent went to check on him and he was no where to be found. The gate was closed when we came home so we had no idea where he could have possibly gone. Even if he does get out of the yard he doesn't go anywhere besides the front yard and maybe the next door neighbors yard. Brent was worried that animal control came and picked him up, or someone let him out. He doesn't really bark much during the fireworks, he's more likely to hide so I was pretty sure that wasn't the case. I called the radio stations, posted on Facebook, sent text messages to everyone I know, talked to the neighbors, called the animal shelter and animal control, and drove around looking for him twice. I knew if he was out running someone would notice him, it's hard to miss a small horse running around town. We had no leads by mid-afternoon and we were set to go camping. Speedy and Carol said they'd go to the shelter on Friday and check for us, and everyone I'd contacted had their phone number too so rather than sit around waiting for him to turn up, or not, we decided we would keep our plans. Brent was outside getting the trailer hooked up and I was inside getting the last minute things packed up and about every 5-10 minutes I could hear a very faint whine. I'd stop and listen and then hear nothing. This happened about four or five times, I was thinking maybe he was laying outside hurt somewhere. I heard it again and just started yelling "Moto" at the top of my lungs, the whining got louder and louder and it sounded like it was coming from the basement. I ran downstairs and there he was in his cage :O  He must have sneaked in while we were bringing in groceries the evening before. The sad part is we both had been down there several times to get stuff out of the refrigerator and Brent worked out for an hour and a half that morning without seeing or hearing him. How embarrassing! and hilarious.

No comments: