Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Nearly Wordless Wednesday... Glacier in Pictures

I've been working on this post for weeks... not successfully! I just haven't been feeling it lately. And suffering from "writers block" I guess. So, rather than put this post off for another another month or three I'm taking the pressure off and skipping the documentation of every move we made during our nine glorious days in Glacier. 
Trail of the Cedars

We were so excited Papa and Grandma Carol got to come up for two days and hang out with us.







Since we had a babysitter Brent and I got to do a little more challenging hike. We decided to do one of the lookouts. It wasn't very far but it was steep... lookout... steep, imagine that!! It was a tough hike for me. It didn't help that we were trying to do it fast so we could get back early enough to make it to Polebridge before Speedy and Carol left. I was struggling about half way up but I made it and the view was amazing, even if it was pretty hazy that day.





Two Medicine




Upper Two Medicine


Twin Falls




Caterpillar that Brityn spotted on a hike

black bear on the way to Kintla Lake

Kintla Lake


We were hanging out by the lake for a few minutes and this guy showed up. He was standing about 30 feet behind us when Brent first noticed him. In retrospect it's pretty scary he got that close without us even realizing he was there. At the time we weren't concerned at all. I think he was more curious than anything, probably wanting some food. At one point Ryder wanted to run up to him and say hi, luckily I was right next to him and was able to grab him before he made it too far. Once the other campers noticed him they hollered for the ranger and they came with bear spray and guns loaded with bean bags and scared him off. Ryder was upset they were shooting at him and we explained it was a bean bag not a bullet and it wouldn't hurt the bear. Later on he was retelling the story and said they were shooting at him with a sleeping bag gun :)




Deer on the bike trail at Apgar

Creek side stroll with Ranger Sarah

Brityn didn't want to be in the picture so we made her be the photographer

Heading off to St. Marys Falls and Virginia Falls, which we never made it too... long boring story.










Totally out of order. Two more pics from Apgar Lookout.


Black bear on the way back from Polebridge. That's three total the whole trip. No grizzly bears were spotted this trip.


Deer in our camp spot. Brityn spotted him out the window and she hung around for quite a while.

We took a break from hiking and took the kids to the amusement park. Poor Ryder got sick... well, he got constipated and had a really bad afternoon. He was miserable and in a lot of pain so him and I laid in the grass while Brent and Brityn had fun. Once I got him some medicine and he got rid of some poo he felt much better. Sadly we had to miss out on the maze, bumper boats, mini golf, and go-carts.

Montana Vortex, after Ryder was feeling better. This place was so bizarre. If you're ever in the area it's worth a look.





Another break from hiking. We spent the day at lake McDonald.


Fish Lake hike. This waas a pretty long, steep, hot, hike and this little dude had enough.

Out of order... Kintla Lake, before the sneaky bear.


No comments: