Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yard Work, Cookies, and Words


trying to get a smile for the camera - not happening!
leave me alone, I'm eating!
maybe if I hide behind these pillows she will leave me alone!
I'll just ignore her!
No! I'm not going to smile
Okay, I give in.
new gardening toys
That's a big foot! Maybe if we could keep those big feet off the grass my dad could grow some for me to play on!
He's big enough, I don't have to pet him nice.
At least we have grass in the front yard! I'm good at raking.

This hair is much more fun to pull than that big dogs.
Oreos in milk... my favorite!
Nilla Wafers are pretty good too...
down to the last drop!

I have no pictures but lately Brityn has been getting herself stuck all over the house. Usually in pursuit of a rouge binky. So far she has gotten herself stuck between the toilet and the shower (no binky there just wanted to get to the toilet brush, gack!), between the couch and a end table, and underneath her crib. The things that child will do to get her prized binkies!

Brityn is learning new words every day. I can't really keep track anymore. A few of my favorites are: right there her answer to where is ______? (insert mommy or daddy). Backpack, which she sings and dances too as she watches Dora, and caca. Yes, caca! I taught her that one when she tried to put the little cap that covers the screws on the toilet base in her mouth... why are those things never attached ? Now she walks around saying "caca, caca" over and over.

As you can see from the pictures above we are doing some yard work. Since the dogs (mainly Moto) have basically destroyed our backyard they are going to be banished to the kennel so we can try to get the grass to grow back. Brent fertilized and put down some grass seed, hopefully that will be enough to get the yard in good enough condition that I can let Brityn play outside. Otherwise we're looking at getting sod and probably redoing the whole thing. We have a few other plans for the backyard in regards to the dogs space, but I'm not sure if that will be happening anytime soon. On Sunday afternoon we moved some river rock out of on of the planting beds in the front yard and Brityn was such a big help. Really! Brent and I would put the rock into her little wheelbarrow and she would move into the big wheelbarrow. This kept her entertained for a good 20-30 minutes. She was moving rock faster than we could get it to her! I'm trying, for the fourth time, to get something to grow in the front of the house. Hopefully I choose the right plants for the conditions this time.

Tuesday the 28th Brityn is going to Helena for an appointment with an allergist. I'm hoping he can give us some more information on her egg and peanut allergies and maybe get tested for other tree nuts. Then on Thursday she has her 15 month checkup. I should be able to get some more info on the heart murmur and what the doctor wants to do in regards to that, and hopefully she will have gained enough weight that the doctor will be happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that's the hardest I've seen Brent work since I've known him- Allen