After we ate lunch at Red Robin in the mall we walked over to the play area so Brityn could play for a little while before we got back into the car. We took her shoes off and set her free then we sat down inside the play area and immediately there was a mob of kids on top of us. You see, Brityn had gotten a balloon at Red Robin and about 7-8 kids decided it would be fun to come up and start hitting said balloon. They hit it so hard it detached from the string, now the balloon was up in the rafters. Brityn was too busy playing at this point to even notice. I love kids but let me tell you, it is a little unnerving to be converged upon by that many kids that you don't even know. This whole time I'm thinking where are these kids parents?! Why are they not telling them to behave?! Very inappropriate in my opinion. Once the balloon was gone they lost interest, all except one little girl. She proceeded to go through my purse and try to take candy out of it, then through Brityns bag... still no parent. I keep looking around for her "parent" and no one seemed to be paying any attention to her at all. Then I start looking at all the "parents" and none of them besides one is paying any attention to any of the kids. They were all either talking amongst each other, on their phones, or reading.
For the next 20 minutes Brent and I took turns trying to keep this little girl out of our stuff and making sure Brityn wasn't killed by one of the wild animals in the play area with her. These kids, some of whom, I imagine should have been in school since they looked to be about 8 or 9 years old, were running around like maniacs! They would go the wrong way up the slide, slide down sideways even when there were little ones already sliding down, knocking the smaller ones off stuff. It was bedlam. At one point I see this little guy walking around with a bloody nose, I mentioned it to Brent. Then he starts to suck the blood from his nose with his tongue. That is when Brent grabbed Brityn and said "we are out of here!" I'm still wondering if someone helped the little bloody nose boy... Note to parents out there: Watch your kids in public places! and there is a point when your children are too old to be playing in the play areas at the mall, especially when there are young children around!!
So maybe we are a little overprotective but I'm not saying we are too smart...
Friday night I woke in the middle of the night and the first thought that popped into my mind was "I never washed Brityn's hands after she finished playing at the mall! She is going to get sick!" Sure enough she woke up Saturday morning with a terrible runny nose. Poor thing is just a snotty mess. She can only breath out of her mouth so that makes drinking her milk a challenge. And she hasn't been sleeping very well, which means Brent and I aren't either. Oh, and Brent is convinced she has the swine flu ;)
hanging out with Dora



Now for some pictures of my less than functional bathroom.
this is when I had a sink
I will post some more pictures as work is being completed. I'm still without a sink and outlets. Doing my hair in the kitchen is super fun!
Katy inspired me to try pigtails on Brityn again. At least this time she didn't pull them out immediately, she waited 5 minutes. Hey! it's progress. I do think they would be a lot cuter with bangs though.

and then just because I can... for some reason this hairstyle didn't seem to bother her as much. Too bad it's hideous. Yeah, that is a comb she is chewing on.
In addition to the cold Brityn is still teething, I think she has 4 molars at some stage of popping through, only 4 more and then eye teeth and then we are done for a while right?! She is learning new words every day and is now repeating what we say, so far no bad words, thank goodness! She still loves Dora, Handy Manny, and Elmo. She gets so excited to watch "Sesame" and even more excited when Elmo makes his appearance.





3 comments:
my niece goes ballistic when elmo's world comes on. it's sooo cute!
I am with YOU on the play areas!!! YUCK!! I refuse to bring Jackson to the McDonald's Play area for just those reasons.
Bobbie C.
LOL! That is hilarious with the last ponytail shot. :) She looks so cute with them! Hopefully she will quit pulling them out for you!
Kendra also LOVES Elmo's World. We watch a portion of Sesame Street every day, usually towards the end. She'll play and wander off during Sesame Street at times, but as soon as she hears Elmo's World comes on she runs right to the TV! He's like crack for little kids. :)
Post a Comment