Friday, July 23, 2010

Talky McTalker



Brityn being a pirate... that's her eye patch
arrg matey!

At the store

Me: can I have a kiss and a hug?


she gives me one


Me: thank you for the hug and kiss


Brityn: it was my pleasure



Playing with the tea set grandma Rachel bought her
... talking to herself while making us "tea"

Brityn: I'm going to perk up some tea,
would you like some tea?

(perk? where does she get this stuff?)



I just got done telling her to do something, or I was going to take her binky away (that's our bargaining chip ;)). She did whatever is was I had told her to do.


Brityn: now you can't possibly take my binky away!



Again with the binky bargaining chip, as you will see it works quite well (not so much!)

She wouldn't get dressed for Brent one morning so he took her binky away... for good... and at the time she was okay with that... wonder why?... because we always give it back... suckers! So, they were at Papa's all day and she didn't take a nap.

Me
: Did she have her B-I-N...

Brent: yeah, i gave it back

Me: oh, well I thought maybe didn't take a nap because she didn't have it.

Brityn: yes, I had my B-I-N-K-Y.

mmm hmm she spelled it out, and she can even spell it out with her refrigerator magnets. What is this world coming to that we can't spell things out in front of our 2 year old kids and have them not understand what we are saying?!


A lady asked her how old she was at the store last weekend, she told her she was 6.

My 2 year old talks more like a 12 year old. I should probably be dreading her teenage years. Besides speaking so well she also speaks very clearly. It's rare that I can't understand something she says, which isn't that odd, as I'm the momma, but other people understand her too. We hardly ever have to translate for her.