Friday, September 16, 2011

Preschool, Dance, and Swim Lessons

First day of preschool. Brent and I were sick that day I forgot my phone and camera, grr! Luckily I had Speedy grab his phone. This is all I got, better than nothing.



Brityn has been a busy little girl the last week. Well, she is always busy but now she has organized activities really keeping her busy. 

Preschool started last week. She is going to a different one this year. I felt like a designated preschool would be a better choice for her since she struggled a little with the preschool/daycare last year. It was a four day a week program and the kids were together all day so they had their little cliques. Yes, 3, 4, and 5 year olds. I didn't think she was ready to do four days a week especially considering she was starting at 2 1/2. Anyway, she seems to like the new school a lot better. It's not so chaotic and loud. The class is a lot smaller. There are only 11 kids versus 19. It's actually the same preschool Brent went to and is at Carol's church and right around the corner from their house so they can walk to school. 

Dance lessons started last week too. As much as she loves to dance we heard a lot of "I don't want to do dance!" but she went and again, I think she really likes it. They do tap and tumbling one day a week on Thursdays. 

Both kiddos are going to be starting swimming lessons on the 24th. Now that she is excited about.  She can't wait to go, she even asked if she could stay the night at the YMCA the day we went and registered... (?)

2 comments:

Becky and Scott said...

I don't know what to think. First, your kids are darling, as always. Second, I'm glad little miss Brityn is doing well and liking her new school. HOWEVER, third, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT DANCE!?!?!? That sounds really fun!! :)

Reba said...

that does sound like fun! i am thinking of signing naomi up for a gymnastics class next month when she turns 2 1/2.

omi's daycare totally has cliques too...and the kids in her room are 2-3 years old. it's crazy. i love that she's like one of the "ringleaders" but it's still scary how young that starts.