Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sleeping and Words

We finally {hallelujah} got Brityn's room done enough for her to move upstairs. We still need doors, for everything, and some more finishing touches. More on that later. So, on Brent's last couple days off he got Brityn's old room, Ryder's new room {for now} spruced up and repairs done from the great roof leak of 2010. We {what I mean by that is HE} repainted and trimmed the windows out in wood. God love him for liking to work on the house because we originally just returned the drywall and had no window trim. After he did a few rooms in his parents house I decided I liked that look so much better and he happily agreed to start redoing all the windows in the house.

 I wanted to do one wall in Ryder's room an orange color. I had paint samples but they got misplaced so I gave him a little tag with a example of what I wanted and left it up to him to pick out paint. I told him I did not want a bright neon orange... guess what I got? Bright orange :/ that doesn't really do it justice. You'll see. He even found my color samples in the meantime and still went with the bright orange. Anyway, now that everything is in the room and windows are painted it's not that bad but it's still not what I wanted.

All that lead up and I'm not even going to put up pictures of any of the rooms. Because I don't have any and that's not what this post was about. I got a little side tracked. 

My point in all that was Ryder moved into his own room! On February 2nd to be precise. I had been dreading this move for weeks for so many reasons. The main one being that I thought that sleep training an almost 15 month old was going to be a nightmare. The first night was a little rough he woke up at some point and was not happy. Since I had to work the next morning I wasn't going to fight him so I just slept on the twin bed we left in there. Then next night he woke up at 11:00 and since Brent was on night shift I took him to bed with me and let him sleep with me till 2:30. I took him back to his room and he freaked out, cried till 4:00 before finally going back to sleep. Then woke up at 6:30 :/ Saturday night he cried for about a minute when I put him to bed, woke up at some point during the night and cried for a split second and went back to sleep till 7:00. Sunday night he cried for about 30 seconds, sat down, looked around and then laid down and went to sleep for the rest of the night. Since then he has cried a couple times for about 30 seconds and then goes right to sleep for the night. He usually wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30. Awesome.



Ryder is starting to say more and more "words" probably more than we even
realize. I just need to pay closer attention to figure it out. So far he says-
  • mama
  • dada or just da
  • papa
  • dog = da
  • ball = ba
  • hot = ha
  • bye = baah
  • hi = haa


1 comment:

Becky and Scott said...

Yay! I bet you are excited about the new rooms! You didn't tell us how Brityn likes her room! :)