| The whole class. Yes, all girls. At the beginning of the year it was 3 boys and 5 girls, end of the year 7 girls. |
I'm sad for the year to be over. I got to hang out at school with her quite a bit from December through May, as I was only working two days a week. We are both going to miss her teachers and all the girls. Luckily four of them will be going to Whittier so the chances of having at least one friend in her class is good.
I'm so glad we stuck with the school and the new teachers. They did an excellent job preparing them for kindergarten, actually they went way beyond what the schools would like them to know. A few months ago, her teacher approached me about her not knowing any of her sight words, she was the only one in the class who didn't know any. She told me not to worry yet, maybe she was just being stubborn. I got pretty serious with her and now she knows all her pre-primer words and about half of the primer sight words. I hope by the time school starts we will have all the kindergarten sight words down too. So, in the end she went from not knowing (or pretending not to know) any of her words to being one of the two kids in class who knew them all. I'm so proud of her for trying so hard the last few months. We are still struggling with a few numbers she doesn't recognize, mainly 6 & 9.
I'm really nervous for next year. It's going to be a long day for these kids. The day starts before 8:30 (I can't remember exactly what time) and they don't get out till 2:30, I believe. That on top of the whole peanut allergy... I'm not so much worried about her eating something. They seem to have a good food allergy plan in force, but she will have to sit a peanut free table, if her friends don't bring peanuts they can sit with her but if not she will be all alone. :( That makes me sad for her. I wish we still had half day kindergarten so she (I) could have one more year without having to deal with school lunches.
![]() |
| First day of school Last day of school |

No comments:
Post a Comment