Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cereal, dog fights, and chewing on high chairs





Well, I gave in and started cereal on Saturday. Brityn seems to like it alright. We are only doing it once a day for now, probably for two weeks and then I will move it up to twice a day. I'm not sure when I will introduce veggies and fruit. I would like to make my own rather than use pre-packaged stuff.......we'll see how that goes. Brent was off yesterday so he had Brityn at home with him. I told him twice he could feed her some cereal and he never did, so when I got home I said I was going to feed her since he never did and he says "do we have to feed her every day?" Me- "uh, do you eat every day?" In his defense I had told him to make sure she had a bottle before cereal because breast milk is still her main source of nutrition and I don't want her filling up on cereal so I guess he assumed that solid food isn't necessary every day.

Brityn is really interested in the dogs lately. She thinks they are all just about the funniest and most interesting things she has ever seen. They only have to run by her to get her giggling. And, oh boy, if they have a squeaky toy in their mouths that is the greatest thing ever! Rico (grandma and papa's dog) and her got into a little fight this week. Brityn grabbed ahold of his hair and he wasn't too happy about it and growled at her. He, of course got yelled at. Poor Rico has lost his number 1 status.

Brtiyn is getting so good at sitting up, she can sit for at least 10-15 minutes before tipping over. And if we lay her down while she is sitting she gets a little mad. She is VERY curious about everything and likes to be able to see what is going on around her. We can't make it through a meal in a restaurant any longer with her in the car seat. She either has to be sitting on top of the table (in the car seat) so she can see or on my lap. Above is a picture of her sitting in a high chair in a restaurant.....I have a high chair cover, of course I didn't have it with me because I didn't expect for her to be sitting in a high chair at that point. She kept trying to chew on it. BLECHH! I will make sure to have the cover with me at all times now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brityn is getting so big!!! She is so darn cute, I can't wait to see her. Are you getting her ready for The Ryer. He loves looking at her pictures! He has good taste!!

I can't wait to see ya's!

Love Rach

katy said...

I cannot believe how well she is sitting up! Kendra only sits up for seconds, and I'm not exagerating. :) She always fights against her trunk and throws herself backwards. I'm glad things are going so well!

Becky and Scott said...

Gosh, she is so pretty. I can't believe how much she is changing!!! So big! The last 2 times we've gone to a restaurant I have forgotten his cover and I sooo REGRET it!! Those high chairs are sooooo nasty!!! We won't forget anymore, will we?