Friday, July 3, 2009

Hodge Podge

I need to start keeping notes. Brityn does something funny and I think "that will make a good blog topic" and by the time I blog I've forgotten everything I wanted to say... That is my problem right now. That and I keep getting interrupted. Darn work! Doesn't everyone know that blogging takes precedence over everything!

I sweep

I clean

I honk

I hurt

What's that you ask? Those are some things Brityn enjoys doing and saying lately. I need to find a tiny broom for her to use. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to find such things? I hope this cleaning business lasts well into the teen years.

Honking, that would be honking the car horn. Not only does she like to try and honk herself, or have me honk, but she has learned to press the alarm button on keys to make it honk. The neighbors love us.

I hurt, that one, I don't really have an explanation for. She just likes to choose a body part, point to it or grab it and say "I hurt" sounds like "I hoot". Her feet are the most "hootin-est" place for some reason.

She can walk up and down stairs pretty much by herself now if there is a hand rail she can reach. And climb up on the couch without help. Every time she does something like this I look at her and wonder where my baby went and who this big girl is.

Does anyone read comics? Like in the newspaper? Yeah, me neither but Brent does, in fact he's slightly addicted, but I digress. There is one comic strip in particular that he tells me about frequently. Mainly because one of the characters is a binky addict. Must remind him of someone who lives in our house.
Baby Blues
this may as well be our child





She knows when she is allowed to have her binky. Nap time, bath time, and bed time. If you even mention one of those things she starts chanting bink, runs to her room and if she can't reach one she starts howling, as you saw in the teaser video. I don't know what we are going to do about this addiction.

a rare moment of stillness... we've been experiencing more and more lately
what a mess

story time
new bangs and pigtails

goof ball, doing a little reading in her bath chair
(pay no attention to my disgusting dirty floors, they are product of the remodel)



painting

cabinets
cabinets done
You can see I still don't have a toilet. Hopefully by the end of next week we will have a floor, and a toilet. The counter top may be in... and perhaps a shower door!

Hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July :)

3 comments:

katy said...

Her bangs look adorable! And don't worry, Kendra is a binky addict too! And not just during specific times, all the time!
The bathroom looks great! :)

Becky and Scott said...

So much stuff! Good blog!! First, yes her bangs are CUTE!! Love the pigtails!!

I think you'll be fine with the binky. You could always just take it away all together....you would only have 3-5 days of a really upset baby!!! LOL I'm surprised levi took it so well...but I'm glad its GONE!!! wishing you the best!!!

i love that she's the "hootin-est" girl - too funny!!! Levi likes it when i honk and he likes to push the red button, also known as the panic button, on my keys as well!!

there was something else, but i cant remember...hmmmm

Becky and Scott said...

Oh yes, the cleaning! BBB has small brooms and mops!!!