Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Counting, Carnies, Swing Sets, and Broken Bones

I've been a bad blogger recently! And a bad mommy, but we'll get to that.

Brityn is learning to count... she is up to 2, but will repeat numbers up to 10. She even recognizes the number 2, it's in Grum and Pop's address and points it out. I think she likes the number 2 because when I tell her she can bring 1 toy with her when we go somewhere she now knows to say "two", and of course then she gets to bring 2.

She loves it when we go for rides and see animals. Her favorite are horses. She tells us what they say, neigh neigh (which sounds like nee nee mostly) and then blows her lips like daddy taught her to do, it's great fun. We were over at great grandma Rachel's one day and she has some little ceramic deer under a tree. Brityn pointed them out and said "moose" I told her they were deer and she the told me "buck", um, no they were does but that's still pretty smart.

driving Pop's truck
new tricycle Pop and Grum got for her
looking at the sheep at Evil Days

wearing mommy's sweatshirt and a cool do'

This year there was a carnival during the county fair so Brityn got to go to her beloved carnie for 3 days straight. The first day Pop Pop took her and she got to got on a pony ride, get her picture taken with a black bear, and fish for trout.

Brent and I took her back that evening because the rides weren't going when Pop Pop took her. We rode some rides and looked at all the 4H animals. Then we did the same thing again on Friday and Saturday. Friday Brent got suckered into basically paying more than $20 for a cheesy little stuffed animal, those carnies are fast talkers. Poor Brent he was pretty mad at himself for getting conned.




I guess the fish was pretty scary


Brent and Speedy (Pop) were helping grandma Rachel do some things around her house, one thing being fixing some cracks in her wall. Brent had a sponge that he'd been using sitting on our table, well, for some reason she decided this sponge was Sponge Bob. She was kissing and hugging it and calling it Bob. Not sure where this preoccupation with Bob is coming from...


I don't know if I've mentioned this but Brityn loves to swing and slide. There is an apartment complex down the street from us and every day on the the way to Pop Pop's we drive by it. As soon as she see's it she's yelling "slide! Wheeeee!!" The neighbors next to Pop's just got a swing set and she spent most of the day staring out the window at it...

(notice her little cowboy boots? she's already making some interesting fashion decisions)

it was the saddest thing ever. So sad that I broke down and ordered her a cheap little swing set (even though Brent plans on building one, we just haven't had the time or the extra funds for that matter... trying to get the bathroom done, ya know?) Brent and I set it up Thursday and then Pop's brought her home so she could see her surprise. Sadly she was more excited about the Sponge Bob stuffed animal Brent sat on the slide. The excitement eventually came when she realized it got to stay in our yard and was all hers.


The swing set was great fun until Monday... and this is where I turn into the bad mommy.

do you see that sling she has on?
do you see that broken collar bone?

My poor little girl fell off the slide and broke her collar bone. For some reason, that day, she wanted to climb back down the stairs instead of sliding down. I'd told her 50 times not to because she was going to get hurt. She climbed up like usual and I ran around the front to catch her and by the time I got there she had turned herself around to climb off and fell over the edge. I'm so lucky Brent was there because I'm not sure how long it would have taken me to realize she had actually broken it. She has an appointment with an Orthopedic doctor next Friday just to make sure it is healing well. She is doing so good wearing her sling and taking it pretty easy. I figured we would never get her to wear the thing but it must make her feel better because she seems like she wants to put it on in the morning and if she doesn't have it on she still holds her arm like it is.

4 comments:

Reba said...

oh my gosh, bobbi!! i'm glad she's ok but that would have freaked me out to no end! you're not a bad mommy...i'm sure anyone who has older kids will tell you that they just get bumped and bruised and broken all the time. i think you're a good mommy for getting her the swing set she wanted.

katy said...

Oh my word! THat must have been terrifying! And if having your child get hurt makes you a bad mommy than I am the worst! Kendra has bruises all over her arms and legs because she plays so rough, but no broken bones! I hope that it heals quickly (which it is bound to do, that's the benefit of the little one's growing bodies).

Post pictures of the bathroom soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh NO!! Poor Brit!! She is going to turn you gray early! LOL!! Don't feel bad, accidents happen! The was a cute blog though, you guys have been busy, busy!!

Love yas
Rach

Becky and Scott said...

i hope brits doing alright w/ her sling!!! love the blog and all the pics. those boots r cute...i need to get levi some.

and i didnt pay any attention to the fact that i picked the exact same scrapblog layout as you!! sorry!! i wasnt "copying" you (lol) but its funny how once again we;re quite the same. oh and did you know my mom goes by grom?? awfully close to grum!!! ;)

xoxo