By far one of the best inventions ever! Brityn loves soup, and these bowls make it so much easier for both of us. Since she isn't big into us helping her anymore this makes life a little cleaner. I'm pretty sure she would eat soup for every meal if I let her. Her favorites are broccoli and cheese and Dora or Sponge Bob chicken noodle. When I ask her what she wants to eat she say "soup -slurping noise- mmmm".
Cereal is good in the straw bowls too! She was still wearing her sling at this point, hence the left handedness. After a trip to the orthopedic doctor and another set of x-rays he confirmed it was healing fine, but to keep her from re injuring it for the next month or so. She quit wearing her sling just short of the recommended two weeks, I'm surprised we got her to wear it that long.
Something else she loves are sticker (sticks) you can see she likes to put them on her face or anywhere on her body, really
Even though I keep cutting her hair off, in an attempt to get all sides to the same length, it's still long enough for little pigtails. Hopefully by next summer when she gets to be a flower girl for her Uncle James her hair will long enough to have a pretty hairstyle.
I guess the fall off the slide made an impact on her because she is a little timid about it now, (thank goodness!) she won't go down unless I hold her hand and pretty much pull her down it. Although she does love to throw Bob down it...
Brityn is becoming quite the little drama queen, she likes to fake cry. That is what she is doing in this picture. She fell the other day and when she was done crying I asked if she wanted to go see Daddy and tell him she fell and she immediately begins to fake cry again... then starts back up as soon as she sees Daddy. Another dramatic things she has started doing is telling me she is going to puke. Mainly during baths or when something she doesn't like is going to happen. I brush her teeth during baths, which she hates. You'd think I was pulling her teeth out by the way she screams. I have no idea where this puking thing is coming from...
Last weekend we went to Bozeman and took her to the Museum of the Rockies. This picture is in the Tinsley house. They have women dressed up in clothes from the 1800's gardening and canning vegetables on an old coal stove. They had a chicken coop, with chickens of course, which she loved. And one of the children's rooms had old toys for the little ones to play with.
Inside the museum sitting on a triceratops... pretty sure it's not a real skeleton! It was getting pretty late in the day, with no nap so a binky was our only hopes of making it through the place without a complete meltdown... it helped a little but there were still a few challenging moments.
This is after I told her to open her eye's... she had all the people around us laughing, little turkey.
Since the first pee on the potty Brityn has peed in the potty one more time, at Pop's house. I'm not pushing her to use it at all, just going with the flow. If she doesn't start to use it more in the next few months I will work with her on it, but I don't think this child is going to be forced into many things...
Stay tuned for pictures of the bathroom and 18 month pictures of Brityn.



1 comment:
she's adorable bobbi! she has such a personality.
Post a Comment