Friday, September 25, 2009

Boys, Goolys, Pedi's, and Talking

playing in the tent outside



reading her books
Grandma Carol has bought Brityn a couple of boy outfits, mainly because they have Brent's motocross number (45) on them. She has finally grown into them... just in time to become gender aware. She knows they are boy clothes and most of the time when I pull them out she shakes her head and tells me "NO boy clothes!" She's really noticing boys and girls recently. She also likes to tell us she is a gooly (girly). The sad part is that she usually calls Mommy and Grums a boy and Daddy and Pops a gooly. Kids, she always gets right, not sure what that is about.



Brityn's first pedi. I was cutting her toenails and told her that maybe tomorrow I would paint her toes... she insisted I do it right then and there. She was really good, sat still and helped me blown on them to dry the polish. She spent many days afterwards admiring her little piggies.

She finally told me she loved me last week. I've been trying to get her tell Brent "love you" before bed for months and she refuses. One day I was leaving for work and Brent told her to tell me "love you, mommy" and she did. AWWWW! The sweetest words I've ever heard.

Speaking of talking, just a few things she has been saying:

-smells Grum Carol and says "you smell nice"
-standing on top of a slide at the park "it's a nice day out"
-holy cow
-after I'd knocked over a pile of folded clothes 3 times her saying "oh man" over and over. Proof she is listening to everything we say, and repeating it. Making me thankful I was just saying "oh, man!"
-and my most favorite (this is me being sarcastic!) "no way!" in response to anything we tell her to do that she doesn't want to do.

3 comments:

katy said...

She says so much! And I can't belive that she knows the difference between boys and girls clothes already. What a smart girl!

Reba said...

she really is a smartie. :) gosh those little painted toenails were adorable.

Becky and Scott said...

I thought I had commented on this already!!!!!! I LOVE HER TOES!!!!!! It made me think about piercing her ears. You should DO IT!!! Mallory's getting hers done in a month or two!!! ;) Brityn and Levi would make such a cute (smart) couple!!! Love her and can't wait to meet her someday!!!!!!!!!
xoxo