Wednesday, October 20, 2010

No Asthma For Now

Brityn went back to the doctor on Tuesday to be checked and everything looked and sounded good. Her oxygen levels were back within normal ranges and her lungs sounded good. For now Dr. Jill is just considering it a bronchial infection. If there is another incidence before she turns 3 she will reevaluate and/or after 3 is when they would diagnose her with asthma. Luckily doing the breathing treatments got a lot easier by the first night. She didn't even want me sitting with her while she did it. She told me she could do it herself, and to go sit on the chair. Unfortunately they really made her hyper. She would literally be bouncing off the walls after she was finished. Glad we are done with that!




Things are moving right along with baby #2. I have less that 8 weeks to go! I feel like I've done nothing to prepare for this baby... probably because I
haven't! I suppose there isn't much to do. I don't need to get a room ready, there is no room to get ready. I don't need to buy anything really. I do need to figure out how to take the bassinet apart so I can wash up the fabric, take the car seat apart and wash that., and go through clothes and sort out girl clothes from unisex. I have bought some clothes that I can use either way, I need to get 2 going home outfits. Eventually we have to turn Brityn's bed back into a crib and get her a bed but for the first few months (maybe longer) baby will room with us. Next summer we plan on remodeling our 2nd story, either making it a full second story or adding dormers. Both kids will move up there, I'm not ready to send Brityn up there yet... plus we would need to do somethings just to make it safe for her, there is no sense in doing anything now when we plan to gut it in less than a year anyway. The kiddos will probably end up sharing a room for a while, that makes me a little nervous, just because I don't know how quiet I can get Brityn to be so as to not wake the baby... and on the flip side I don't want the baby waking her up either! I would guess until baby is well established at sleeping through the night, Brent and I will have a tiny roommate. Brityn was in our room until she was 8 weeks, this one might be there a little longer.

32 weeks



Preschool is going great. Brityn is really liking it. She asked if she could stay all day the last time Brent picked her up so we are considering letting her go half the day instead of just 2 hours. I'm nervous about her eating there since I know they serve peanut butter occasionally so we'll see. As for being there all day I just don't know about that. Aside from eating there I have no idea how she would do during nap time. She pretty much needs complete peace and quiet to take a nap, with so many other kids around I cannot see her actually sleeping, plus she likes to do her pooping business during her nap... I really don't want her or them to have to deal with her poop. Not that they don't know how to deal with poop but being that she is in a class with kids 6 months to a year older than her I wouldn't want her to be embarrassed about getting a poopy pull up changed. We told her when she quit pooping in her pull up during nap she can go a full day. Maybe this will give her some incentive to start using the potty for everything! Hey at least she uses the potty during her waking hours, I'm grateful for that.


1 comment:

Reba said...

so glad to hear she doesn't have asthema for now. you look great!! is the preschool aware of her peanut allergy and do they have protocol for dealing with food allergies? i was very surprised (and continue to be) at how well naomi naps in the toddler room at daycare, on a mat on the floor with all the other kids (she does better there than at home!)