I had no intentions of blogging about our day yesterday but it was just too crazy to not! This is going to be long so bear with me.
I'm not even sure where to begin... Brent had an appointment in Bozeman yesterday for a vasectomy, yes a vasectomy. So, yeah we are done having kids. You can see why I had no plans on blogging about this. I wanted to get some family pictures and 6 month pictures done for Ryder, yes he is 7 1/2 months old now. Things have been so busy and it's nearly impossible to get Brent away from working on the house so I figured this was a good opportunity. The lady I wanted to take the pictures is on the way (ish) to Bozeman. Totally off the subject but I wish I had known about her when I had Ryder's newborn pictures taken! I love her work. Anyway, I ordered clothes for all of us from different places because of course I couldn't find everything at one place. SO! I get my stuff, Brent's stuff, and one outfit for Brityn. The shirt I ordered for Brityn to wear for the family pictures doesn't come. It won't be here till the day of pictures. Now I have to find something that I can overnight that will match my shirt. Do you think I can find anything? NO! So, change of plans, I find something for both of us to match and have that overnighted. I get everything Tuesday and I realize that Ryder's shirt also didn't come! How I didn't realize this before, I don't know, let's just say I've been a little scatter brained lately. Now I have no options besides finding something here, yeah right! At lunch I run to Speedy's, feed Ryder then run all the way up to Munchkins and they are GONE, as in empty building, closed up shop. Oookay! Back to work, discover they have moved to, wait for it........ pretty much across the street from Speedy and Carol's house. Super! After work I race down there, and they have nothing. I end up buying a 12 month outfit clearanced out for $20 just so I can use the white polo shirt underneath the sweater vest (gag). Go get the kids, tell them what's going on and that I'm going to run to the mall later and see if I can find anything better, decide to just leave Ryder there and Brityn and I go. I did find a plain brown shirt that will work okay and it's only $6, yay (ish). By the time I get home it's past 6:00 and I still need to fix dinner. Whatever.
The next morning everything actually goes well, we are out of the house on time. We go to Grandma Rachel's to get Brent's truck (that's a whole other story I won't bore you with) then we have to take the car seats out of my van. His (new-ish) truck doesn't have the latch system so we have to use shoulder belts, pain in the butt! It takes forever and Brent is not happy. He's freaking out because he thinks we are going to be late for pictures, which will make us late for his appointment. We are just about to Melissa's house and we are miraculously on time and since my brain is not functioning well I tell him to take a wrong turn. We drive a few miles up a super bumpy dirt road before I realize I misread the directions. Now we are going to be late for sure. I call her repeatedly only to get a busy signal. Finally, we get there and there is a cow on her porch. That has nothing to do with anything but it was funny :) She decides to take some pictures of Brityn first, as I feared she would not cooperate. at. all. No big deal I didn't expect to get any good pictures with her because she is Brityn and she is three but mainly because she is Brityn. Melissa also has a three year old girl so she sends them off to play and give Brityn a break. Good, now we can focus on some pictures of Ryder, my sweet little smiley boy will be no problem. The kid. will. not. smile! He was looking everywhere but her. Being very serious and not cooperating, no matter what we did we could not get even the slightest smile. Seriously?! Now we are going to try Brityn again in a different outfit and I'm going to try and feed Ryder to see if that helps his mood. Brent goes and gets Brityn, carries her out and says "we have a problem" I look and see she has glitter all over her pants. Me- "oh well, no big deal". Brent- "uh, nooo, I think she had an accident." She is drenched in pee, in her clothes for family pictures, which we have yet to take. Seriously?! He strips her down puts on her dress and then goes to get dry underwear. She refuses to get pictures till she has new underwear. Brent comes back, no clean underwear. But oddly the ones she was wearing are perfectly dry. And we try more pictures with the same results. Bad attitude. Ooookay! Meanwhile I'm trying to decide what to do about her only having a zebra striped and hot pink dress to wear for family pictures. Melissa volunteers a pair of her daughters pants, great, problem solved. Her shirt has a little pee on it but at this point I don't care! She finishes up with Brityn and does some more of Ryder, it's still nearly impossible to get a smile out of him. ***sigh*** this boy is the smiley-est kid around and it is not happening. Whatever. Now time for family pictures. Epic fail! Brityn keeps putting her hands over Ryder's face, won't sit where she is told, Ryder won't smile, Brityn won't smile. Aye, aye, aye! I'm so over it. It's going to be interesting to see how the pictures turn out. One good thing is I assume there won't be too many good ones to choose from so that will make my life easier in that regard.
Off to Bozeman, nothing worth mentioning happened on the drive there. Yay! Brent goes in for his "procedure" the doctor gives him a shot of local anesthetic and then immediately starts cutting. Ouch! He said he nearly kicked the doctor in the face. They tell him it's really important that he goes home and rests for the rest of the day or he will be sorry. So, of course we go shopping. About half way through Target he starts complaining that something was not right. He tends to be a little dramatic so I didn't take him too seriously. Then as we were checking out he said it was worse. We get out to the truck and he decides to change into some more comfortable shorts that he had just bought and he's covered in blood. Oh! He was serious! I run back into the store (we are parked in the north forty) get some gauze. I say we should just head home but he's wants to stay in town in case he needs to go back to the doctor so we decide to go get some lunch and see what happens. By now he's bled through his new shorts, so I have to stop and buy him more new shorts and underwear. Then we go eat. Luckily the bleeding pretty much stopped. I say we need to go home, he wants to go to Costco! I tell him he has to sit in the food court. We get there I drop him and Brityn off in the front go park back in the north forty, because Heaven forbid someone doors his truck. Get in the store and he decides he is going to walk around, but he will go slow. Whatever! I get everything we need go to check out and Brityn has to go potty. Ryder needs a diaper change too but I am not taking them both to the bathroom. I tell Brent I will change Ryder in the truck. Get back to the truck unload all the groceries myself because he can't lift. Hop in the back seat to change Ryder, pull off his shorts and there is poop everywhere! And now it's all over me! My pants, my belt, both shirts I'm wearing. All I can do is laugh. I've got Ryder hanging upside down by his ankles trying to wipe poo off him and not set him back down in the poo on me. I'm throwing poopy clothes, wipes, and diapers out the door. Get him all cleaned up. I'm just done at this point so I strip my shirts off and throw them out, I'm sitting in the truck, door wide open in my bra, whatever! Good thing we were parked in Timbuktu! Thankfully after this nothing else dramatic happened. Besides falling off the truck while I unloaded all the groceries at home. That was just funny. My back is hurting from all the lifting, Brent is healing up. And that was our pooptastic day :)
3 comments:
All I can do is laugh, I am SO happy to see that this happens to someone else besides us :) Cant wait too see pics of your super cute kids.
Oh. MY. GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh my gosh, what a hilarious day!!!
Post a Comment