Look at those eyelashes!
At the pool not a great picture, had to use a camera phone since I forgot the camera

I realized I haven't really given any updates on what Brityn has been up to the last couple weeks.
Saturday, August 2nd she went to her first movie, Mama Mia. It was so good, I totally recommend it if your into musicals...even if your not it's got some good music and a cute story. I was not worried about how she would do until we got there and sat down. Then I started to get stressed. I was hoping for a spot in the back so I could feed her and just in case she decided to have a melt down, I could make a quick get-away. Even though there were not many people there everyone was really spread out so there were really no private seats. We (my mom, Brityn and I) wound up pretty close to the front with people all around us. She seemed pretty enthused with the big screen at first then she got restless. She squirmed around, talked and flirted with everyone there. Then she ate (pretty sure I gave some poor movie goers a peep show) and went to sleep and slept through most of the movie.
She has been a very restless sleeper for the last 2 weeks...ever since I took the bumpers out of her crib. She wakes up most nights around 3:00-ish plays around in her crib and goes back to sleep. For a few days she was waking up around 5:00 and wanting to get up. I would take her to bed with me a she would go back to sleep. I think (I hope) she is out of the early waking stage again, but I'm pretty sure she is waking multiple times during the night. I'm not entirely sure how many times she wakes because she is pretty quiet most of the time. I probably would even know she had woken if I didn't have a video monitor. Her little eye's glow in the dark on it....it is kind of creepy!
This past weekend Brent and I took her swimming for the first time. We went to Fairmont Hot Springs. I think she had a lot of fun. A very nice lady let us borrow her floaty thing so Brityn could float around on her own. All the stores were out of pool toys! Guess I better get on that a little quicker next summer.
On the food front-I'm trying to get her on a 4 hour schedule. She hasn't been nursing great lately and I'm sure it's because she is eating too much or more likely too often. She has now tried pears, bananas, peaches and prunes. She enjoying them all. The prunes, unfortunately, were needed for a digestion problem we had yesterday...but I think they took care of the problem :)
4 comments:
Hmm... perhaps I should give Mamma Mia a try since everybody else is doing it!
I can't believe you were brave enough to take her to the movie! I'm glad she did good!
She is getting so big, we miss her already! And we miss you too!
Love ya Rach
How did I miss this post!?!? Mamma Mia was great, wasn't it!? And how cool is that that we both went to see it with our LO's and our mom's!? Great minds think alike!
Brityn has gotten so pretty. She's always been a cute baby, but she is really getting more beautiful and more girly looking every day. Her and Kendra both, it's so fun to watch!
So, she's really getting up in the middle of the night to play? That's hilarious!!! Do you think she's doing it in her sleep? Do you have sleepwalkers in your family? And i know that look when their eyes glow in a camera and that is creepy. Creeps me out just picturing her in her crib with glowing eyes!!
loved the post! love your little girl! :)
this is one of the few plays i've actually seen, which ended up being great... it's funny to think of ol' Pierce taking a stab at singing, yeeesh
Post a Comment