Wednesday, December 30, 2009

This Is Still Then

Some pictures from Elmo Grows Up






We drove over to Great Falls Friday night so we wouldn't have to get up so early on Saturday to make it to the 10:30 show. I figured we'd get way more sleep that way. WRONG! Sleeping (I use the word "sleep" very loosely!) with an almost 2 year old in a hotel room is more of a wrestling match/comedic act/nightmare! Needless to say none of us got much sleep. Unfortunately the lack of sleep kept her from enjoying the show as much and she would have otherwise. Every time one of the characters came near her she thought they were going to take her Elmo from her. She was excited when Baby Bear touched her but wanted nothing to do with the rest of them. All things considered she did enjoy it and told us she wanted to see Dora now.

Saturday night Brent and I were so exhausted we went to sleep while she played in the room. I have no idea what time she finally got in bed! Brent said he woke up at one point and she was sleeping on the floor on top of her Elmo program from the show. Yes, we have been nominated for parents of the year ;)

1 comment:

Reba said...

oh my gosh that is hilarious about her falling asleep on the floor! live and learn...that does sound like such a fun little trip even without the essential sleep element.