Thursday, October 23, 2008

9 months!

hamming it up for the camera this is a good picture of her bottom teeth-click on it

she is not smiling...she has a Cheerio in her mouth



I can't believe Brityn is 9 months old already. Time seems to be going by faster and faster. Everyday she learns something new and brings more joys to our lives. Her personality is getting very big. As you can see by her 9 month pictures she has a mind of her own. We tried everything short dressing up like clowns and standing on our heads to get a smile out of her, but between stranger anxiety and needing a nap, it wasn't happening.

Brityn is starting to understand quite a few words and will point to or look at the person or object you ask about. On Saturday we were sitting on the couch and she lost a sock. I asked her where her sock was and she grabs the foot with the missing sock. I found the sock and sat it beside her and asked her again and she picked it up and showed it to me.

Brityn has a new best friend, Curious George. She spotted him at the grocery store this weekend and started making her eh, eh, eh noise with arms outstretched (which means she wants something) towards George, so of course daddy got it for her. She wouldn't let go of the thing for the cashier to scan! She hugs, kisses and drags him everywhere. And definitely knows him by name. It's pretty cute!

We are having some sleep "issues" again. Napping has been good but bedtime, not so much. Saturday night she woke up at 12:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep until 3:00. All she wanted to do was play. I laid down with her on the couch and she would sit up and see her shadow on the wall behind the couch and then try to play with it. Sounds pretty cute right now in the light of day, but at 2:00 am it wasn't very...ok, it was, but not as cute as it would have been at 2:00 pm! I'm not really sure if she is teething, getting ready to go through another developmental milestone (walking-gasp!!), or what. I just hope it's short lived and I can get back to a full nights sleep soon.




6 comments:

twinsRus said...

Okay that top picture with the hat on and her binky in her mouth is really cute...She looks like she is going to start break dancing! lol...

katy said...

Girl, I hear you on the sleeping stuff. Kendra is not napping well and woke up at 5:30 am the other day. Sheesh... although not as bad as 2:00 am, for sure!

Anonymous said...

How cute!! We need a picture of her with George, Ryer will just love that! I love her first picture, what a goof!!

The Synnott's said...

yeah for 9 months.... this is such a great tim except for some reason all our kids have decided not sleep.

Becky and Scott said...

oh man, it doesn't get any cuter! i love the pink cheeks ~ she's serious about her playin' isn't she!?!? i just love her cuddly cheeks!! smack a wet one on her for meeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! xoxo

mrl_brehm said...

bobbi i just want you to know that i love the page, it is amazing, it had me smiling throughout the entire page. thank you, you really made my day. give brityn my love.

love you
your bro