Saturday we took Brityn to see Santa Clause. She actually did fairly well! She started crying when I sat her on his lap, but only for a few seconds. We never got a smile out of her but at least she wasn't screaming!
me rescuing her before a meltdown occurred
then we went outside to see a horsey...which she paid no attention to
We also went to the Festival of Trees. They were having a teddy bear tea party for all the kids so we took Brityn over to see Rudolf and the Teddy Bear. She really liked Rudolf! Can you see her holding his hand? When he stood beside her to get a picture she reached her little hand up to hold his and didn't want to let go. How cute!
she wasn't quite as excited about the teddy bear
me rescuing her before a meltdown occurred
then we went outside to see a horsey...which she paid no attention to
We also went to the Festival of Trees. They were having a teddy bear tea party for all the kids so we took Brityn over to see Rudolf and the Teddy Bear. She really liked Rudolf! Can you see her holding his hand? When he stood beside her to get a picture she reached her little hand up to hold his and didn't want to let go. How cute!
she wasn't quite as excited about the teddy bearI wish I could say that we are back to sleeping through the night now that the cold has left but no such luck. It is better and most of the time she will put herself back to sleep. I think we have had one, maybe two uninterrupted nights of sleep.
A new thing Brityn has learned to do is give us five, or as Brent likes to say"gimme some skin". We're trying to teach her to pound and she has done it few times but doesn't quite know how to get her hand into a fist.
In addition to loving her friends; George, Baby Beans, Santa Bear, and Handy Manny she now loves her blankets. Especially the one she sleeps with at night (thanks Rachel-we still LOVE that blanket so much!). She also loves her books! I always hoped I would have a child who loved to read since I love it so much and it looks like I may get my wish.
I recently ordered Brityn a new car seat because she is quickly growing out of her infant seat. I decided to get the Britax Boulevard after much research! I found if for a great price on line. I love it! It seems like a great car seat and I can't wait to be able to use it.....yeah, we cannot get it installed in my car properly! Three people have tried and it is not happening. It just won't recline correctly in my car, we tried towels, using the tether straps, everything! I'm just so glad I decided to get an infant car seat that she could stay in until she is 30 pounds and/or 30 inches or else we'd be in trouble right now!


5 comments:
What a fun post! I love it!! Love the pictures with Santa and the Reindeer! And girl, you look FABULOUS!!! So skinny!!! You really look great ~ I'm jealous! ;)
I still haven't made a decision on the car seat. Did I tell you I bought another one and I love it???
Oh, and will the Britax install correctly forward facing? I don't get it....if you can't get it in now, how will it work later? Yep, I'm confused, are you surprised!??!
xoxo
What a big girl! I love that she held Rudolf's hand. :)
I hope that the carseat sorts itself out! I have a different Britax, so that could explain our different experiences.
Brityn's a doll!
We were going to try to bring Jackson to see Santa today but he got sick! I'm afraid it wouldn't have ended well. . .
Yay! I'm glad the Litte Mrs still loves her blanket!! I love her holding rudolph's hand, too cute!
You should take the car seat to the fire station, they will install it for you and show you how to do it. That's what we did with our Britax and now it's really easy.
Rach
Hey! Breakfast... I feel like I give Kendra the same thing over and over again... thanks for the waffle suggestion!
We usually do cheerios, oatmeal, cream of wheat, or wheat bread and a fruit. Fruits that are pretty easy are bananas, quartered grapes, canned peaches, canned pears. If she won't eat anything I bust out the yogurt, she loves it. That's about all we do. And mostly it ends up being cheerios or wheat bread because she is pretty impatient while I try to actually make anything when she's hungry.
Post a Comment