Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July, Mama, and sippy cups


notice Brityn and Daddy's matching outfits

Grover and Brityn at the parade

How Brityn spent the first part of the parade
No fireworks for Brityn this year but she did get to see the parade. She woke up shortly after it started, thanks to Butte High's marching band :) I think she enjoyed watching all the activity and we saw lots of people that we hadn't seen in a while and some that hadn't seen Brityn yet so that was nice. I for one am glad that the 4th is over, I'm tired of listening to the neighbors lighting off their own fireworks....and worrying that they will wake Brityn.
I gave Brityn her sippy cup at the parade and she sucked it like a pro. First time I've seen her do it without removing the valve. Apparently she has done it at grandma and papa's though. I think it was so hot out I think she was like "ahhhh ice water!"
This weekend Brityn and I were sitting on the floor playing and Brent was watching a movie. She was being pretty vocal and I kept telling her "say mama" well, she did a few times.....must have been pretty clear because Brent actually stoped watching his movie, sat up in his chair and looked at her in amazement. Note-it takes a lot to take Brent's attention away from a movie! I'm sure she wasn't saying it intentionally but she said it quite a few times and she was saying it again this morning.
Brityn hasn't been rolling over much the last month or so until this weekend. She was rolling over like crazy....back to front, front to back.
I made my own baby food yesterday. Carrots, peas, green beans and sweet potatoes. So far we've tried carrots. She doesn't seem to mind them but she spits more at me than she actually eats. Little stinker :)

3 comments:

katy said...

wow, developmentally she is so far ahead! I am very impressed. :) looks like you had a great 4th! we still have some yahoo neighbors setting off fireworks. I just heard some, it makes me crazy!

Becky and Scott said...

BABY FOOD!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHH!! Little Brityn is growing up!!!!!! Wow, how exciting! Good for you making your own food!!!

I love the pictures! You guys are super cute!!

Becky and Scott said...

So, wait a minute...did she really say "mama"??? How fun!!!!! I'm so jealous!! I have waited my whole life to hear those words!!! Still waiting...