Monday, July 21, 2008

Crib toys, bath time, and birthday parties

Rachel, Ryer and Brityn....I just missed Ryer giving Brityn a kiss. And don't worry Rachel you look great :)Birthday boy Ryer with a cupcake beard



Brityn in her new high chairI just had to include this picture because the face is so funny
I don't like taking a bath in the sink....in fact I don't like taking a bath at all any more! And why in the heck am I in this swimsuit?!
I left her laying in the middle of the rug on a blanket..ran downstairs to throw a load of laundry in and this is what I found when I came back.
Ryer poking Brityn..."is she real?"
Brityn has figured out how to turn on her crib aquarium by herself. The last week or so she wakes about a 1/2 hour before I go in to get her up she will turn it on-with her feet. Sometimes she will turn it off and on, sometimes she will even go back to sleep.
For some reason this child who loved bath time now hates it. I moved her out of her infant tub because she's just too big for it, she made too big of a mess in the kitchen, and it's too hard to use it in the big bath tub. So, I have tried giving her a bath in the kitchen sink, the big bath, the kitchen sink with a foam bath cushion, the big bath with a foam cushion. She screams the whole time. Loud enough, I'm pretty sure the neighbors think I'm killing her. I tried twice taking a bath with her and she seems to prefer that method but it's just not feasible to bathe with her every time. HELP!!
I read somewhere that if baby is not lovin' veggies to mix them with cereal for a while, so that is what I have been doing....it seems to work. She loved the sweet potatoes even more with cereal. She even ate peas and didn't throw them up. The only veggie she has left to try is squash. Then we'll start fruits.
Brityn and Ryer Pederson finally met. I think it was love at second sight :) Ryer didn't care too much about her at first but then became very interested in her. He poked her every where...."this is her eye, this is her head......" and so on. Rachel got him to kiss her a few times too. He is such a cutie! When we were at Art in the Park we all had some ice cream and even though his was exactly the same as mine he would run by Rachel who would be holding out a spoonful for him and come and eat mine :) That was Saturday, Sunday we went to his birthday party at Clark's Park.

1 comment:

katy said...

kendra hates baths outside of her tub too! fortunately for us she still fits in it... but on vacation i had to take a bath with her every night because she SCREAMED bloody murder if i didn't. i'm sure that the people on each side of us thought that i was torturing her too!