Wednesday, July 30, 2008

6 month checkup



This gave me 10 minutes uninterrupted time to clean out the mess above...do you think she has enough clothes?! Saddest part is she has more at grandma and grandpa's house.
Going swimming in my little pool
Weird faces
Seriously don't know what she was doing but it had me cracking up!
Hat fashion show
Mom, I'm tired of the hat fashion show!
Brityn had her 6 month checkup on Monday. Stats are as follows:
  • weight 15 lbs-35%
  • height 26"-60-70% don't know why she didn't give me the exact number. But she did comment on how she is surprised she is so long considering her parents are so short!
  • head is in the 50%

The first thing the doctor said when she walked in the room was "ok, so we know who the father is, but who is the mom?" meaning she looks NOTHING like me. I keep telling Brent I'm going to have a maternity test done. Other than the fact that she will probably tower over Brent and me and there being a question about her biological mother everything was good. She is right on track developmentally. The doctor warned us that this round of shots would be the worst...so I had myself prepared for "the worst" but she hasn't been too bad. I mean it hasn't been great but I'm pretty sure it was worse last time...or maybe I'm desensitized.

We are trying pears right now and surprisingly she does not like them. I don't understand....I really thought she would love fruit. Hmmmm, I do prefer veggies to fruit myself so maybe she is taking after me in that respect, if nothing else.

3 comments:

The Synnott's said...

yeah for 6 months!! she is too cute and i can not believe she has so many clothes. i guess if i had girls, the closet would look the same!
so glad things are going well. my boys didnt like pears at first either... or peaches... now they are cool with them

Becky and Scott said...

Girl you need to get organize!! She sure has alot of clothes!!! Good thing I don't have a girl, we'd be in big trouble!! The other day I tried talking my mom into taking Levi shopping. I told her he needed back-to-school clothes! LOL

Those funny faces are tooooo cute!! I need to catch some of Levi's funny faces on film.

Pears are Levi's favorite, well along with Banana's. She'll like them, I'm sure. Sometimes babies look like they dont' like it, but it's only because it's alien. New taste and new texture. Did you make your own pears?!?!?!?!

Hmm...what else?? Oh, loved the fashion show. The first picture reminds me of Levi for some reason....lol

katy said...

She is so cute, and I can't believe how many clothes she has! :)

How funny, Kendra is 15 lbs and 26 inches long and they said she was 50/50. :) Maybe it depends on the doc.

I'm glad to hear the shots went well, because we just got them today and the baby is still asleep and I am scared to wake her up! :) :)