
The dreaded doctors appointment is over with. Great news! She gained a whole pound and grew a 1/4 inch in 3 weeks. Yippee!!
18.4 lbs
30 3/4"
When Brityn was born she had a heart murmur but it had gone away by the time she was a week old, apparently it's back. I suppose it never went away. I don't know how these things work... A heart murmur is caused by a hole in the heart, the doctor described it like a hose, when it's fully open you can barely hear it but when you put your thumb over it and start to close it up it gets louder. That is what she thinks is happening, it's closing. She wants to do an ultrasound just be sure. Doctor Jill mentioned that the heart issues could be causing the slow weight gain.
The blood draw went so much better this time around. Brityn did really well and didn't cry nearly as hard or as much as the last time. They got about 10x more blood this time and it took about half the time.
She did get a catheter :( that was the worst part. Thankfully I wasn't able to see it, as I was holding her down. Unfortunately Daddy got the birds eye view. Poor Daddy. Urine sample came back clean as I expected.
They do the allergy testing with the blood that they took and that could take a couple weeks to come back.
I discovered the reason for all the crankiness lately- molars. Since Brityn won't let me near her mouth most of the time I'm never sure if she is teething, but I got a glimpse in there yesterday and there is at least one of her molars coming in.


5 comments:
Oh my, you all have so much going on! I'm glad that her urine came back clean but sorry to hear about her heart murmur! Hopefully it is going away!
Kendra now weighs 2 lbs more than Brityn! She was 20 lbs 5 oz at her last appt. Brityn is such a petite cute little thing. :)
And her hair looks GREAT!
I just wanted to tell you, Jeff has had a heart murmur his whole life and it has been no big deal. That is so great Brityn has gained some weight! Yeah!
holy cow, i've missed so much! i'm so glad to hear that the urine results were good, and what's up with the heart murmur? i don't understand? is it good that it's closing up?? sorry, you know you have to go slow and use lots of details with me! LOL
bye-bye mullet!!!! too funny - where are her bows!?!?!?!?!??!
i hope the allergy tests come back clean as well, although it's pretty obvious she has a peanut allergy. hopefully that's the only one and maybe she'll grow out of it. ;)
A WHOLE POUND!??! YOU GO GIRL!! I'm so proud of you brit! muah!
Well it's nice to hear that you are getting some answers! Hopefully her blood work comes back good too!!
Good Job Brityn for gaining weight, that is great news!
Brent is oh so wise with the wipes and dirty diapers!
Love Ya
Rach
At least Brent will change a dirty diaper. It takes an act of God to get Allen any where near one :)
Glad to hear she is gaining some weight!! It so nice to hear that other Mom's have a hard time getting near their kid's mouths!! I try ever day to brush Jackson's teeth and he freaks out. Hang in there..
The Chatriand's
Post a Comment