

Let me start this off by saying, up until yesterday Brityn has not had any form of peanuts. Because, for some reason I have had a unusual paranoia about peanut allergies. There is no history in our family but I've just heard so many horror stories about it.
Yesterday when the doctor asked me what types of snack Brityn eats and I listed off what she eats including crackers she told me "from now on when she has a cracker, there needs to be peanut butter on it." I questioned her about it just letting her know she hadn't had any as of yet and was it okay? She told me yes it's fine, she is over a year and there is no family history.
I relayed the message to Papa and he gave some at lunch that day. She wouldn't eat much of it and only had a taste. Soon after she threw up twice and had some diarrhea. He also noticed that she had a rash on her leg. When I picked her up they told me what had happened and we agreed it was probably just stress from having her blood drawn. So, I took her home and while I was fixing her dinner I have her a couple crackers with peanut butter, which again she wasn't really interested in. She had a bite and played with the rest. About 10 minutes later I noticed she had a hive like rash all over the bottom of her face. When I took her clothes off she also had them on her back and her arms. I checked the Internet for peanut allergy symptoms and this is what I found:
Here are some of the problems an allergic reaction can cause:
- Skin: Skin reactions are the most common type of food allergy reactions. They can take the form of itchy, red, bumpy rashes (hives), eczema, or redness and swelling around the mouth or face.
- Gastrointestinal system: Symptoms can take the form of belly cramps, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- Respiratory system: Symptoms can range from a runny or stuffy nose, itchy, watery eyes, and sneezing to the triggering of asthma with coughing and wheezing.
- Cardiovascular system: A person may feel lightheaded or faint.
I talked to a nurse at the doctors office today and she told me she would pass on the information to the doctor but for now not to give her any more peanuts...
7 comments:
Oh no! Poor Brityn, and poor Mommy! I hope that is one of those things that she will grow out of. My doctor made it seem like it was okay to try peanut butter too, but I have also been too nervous. I would have done the same though, if the doctor told me to do it.
To answer your question, yes, my goal is for all of Kendra's hair to eventually reach the same length. I'm debating whether to cut the back again or not. My friend told me not to cut her bangs unless I wanted to keep them bangs, and I don't really want to. I have a love/hate relationship with bangs, so I am avoiding them, although the hair in her eyes is a pain! That's why I've resorted to the Cindy Lou Who ponytail. :) It's kind of fun!
Oh no! That is so scary. I hope she feels better soon. Definitely no more peanut butter! :(
Hey there! Yes, she is definately having allergic rashes. My kids break out like that too. About her weight, have they tested her for Hyperthyroidism???? I would have that done is she hasnt, just to rule that out. ttyl heather
oh my goodness... i can not believe the reaction. i was scared to try at first but i gave the boya a nutterbutter at 14 months and all was good. so sorry this has happened.
that makes me so sad. all i can say is booooo and make this face :(
I am so sorry! It just makes me want to cry to see those pictures!! I was always paranoid about the peanut thing too. For good reason......Get well soon Brityn!!
Bobbie Chats
Poor Brityn, I feel so bad for you guys! It is so frustrating when they are allergic, I hope you get answers soon!! Give her big hugs for us!
Love Ya
Rach
Post a Comment