Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Good News/Bad News

I finally got a call from from the nurse. Unfortunately we still don't have any definite answers. The blood test came back showing high potassium levels she said this could be due to the fact that they had trouble getting the blood and it was coagulating fast. The UA also came back positive for an infection (UTI) she said that is probably because I ended up doing it at home, in less than sterile conditions and since she has had no fever or other symptoms it's probably wrong. So, good news is everything that looks bad right now has an explanation for possible false results. Bad news is they want to rerun the blood work and get another UA, by giving her a catheter I assume. She has an appointment for March 31st at 8:30. They will do a full allergy screening at the same time.



March 17, 2008

2 comments:

The Synnott's said...

goodness... poor thing! sorry for no answers but good that you didnt hear anything negative. keep us updated

katy said...

Oh, poor Brityn and poor Mommy! :( I hope that day passes very quickly and that everything comes back normal!