Brityn went to the doctor toady for her weight check, it has been 6 weeks since her last appointment and she has only gained 2 oz. I'm shocked! I guess the scale at Grandma and Papa's is not as accurate as I'd thought. She has grown an inch, so the way I see it is she has actually lost weight again. One inch must weigh more than 2 oz. The doctor decided to do some blood work to see if we can figure out what is going on. They asked if I wanted to leave the room, they could have had another nurse come in and hold her down... as hard as it was to watch there was no way I was leaving her alone. And it was terrible, poor little girl, I've never seen her cry so hard. I just don't understand why she isn't gaining, she eats all the time. Although she is very active... as I've said before. I guess we wait and see if the blood work tells us anything and go from there.
To top it all off she is teething again, I suspected so due to her fussiness and night waking last night. doctor said she has some more bottom teeth coming in.
4 comments:
Ah, sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping! Hopefully you get some answers soon, I will be thinking about you guys, always!!
Oh and your past post and pictures are just too cute!
Rach
Oh, I'm sorry, Bobbi. Bloodwork is terrible! They took some at Kendra's 12 month appointment and I wanted to cry. I hope that everything comes back perfect and that Brityn puts on some weight soon!
I'm sorry Bobbi :( that must have been unbearable to see her so upset. I hope there is nothing wrong and that she is just thin. If i remember you are pretty thin. Maybe she just takes after her mom. I hope everything's ok.
booooo! i'm so sorry they had to take her blood, that is horrible!!! please keep me updated. xoxo
Post a Comment