Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Potty Training

Why do they call it potty training? I really have no idea how to train Brityn to use the potty. She either does or she doesn't. Maybe I'm a slacker... or lazy... whatever. Things were going really well for a while in the using the potty department. (side note- she will not use the potty if she has a diaper on. It only happens if she is naked, from the waist down, at least, or possibly even wearing underwear.) We would come home in the evening and take off her diaper and she would use the potty every time she had to go. We even had one weekend that I only used 5 diapers from Friday to Monday, during sleep times only. I think pooping freaks her out but she was doing it. Two (-ish) weeks later she does not want to take her pants off when we are home, if I can get her pants off and she needs to use the potty she cries for me to put her diaper on. On Sunday she peed all over the kitchen chair and then pooped in her underwear. Only a little came out before I realized what she was doing so I sat her on the potty and she refused to go more. Is there such thing as potty training regression?! She has it! Hopefully as the weather gets warmer and she is wearing less clothes things will get better and we can try to actually do some training.


I leave you with this:


She did it again, but this time it was on Brent's watch


Happy Saint Patrick's Day

No comments: