Thursday, April 29, 2010

1st Doctors Appointment

It went well, there is a baby in there. Well, right now it appears to be more of a blob than a baby but the blob had a heart beat (150bpm) so we're going to assume it is in fact a baby. I didn't get any pictures of the blob... I guess because pictures of blobs aren't really fun to look at. When I had my first ultrasound with Brityn I was 9 weeks along so she looked like a little gummy bear.

The doctor confirmed what I already knew. I am/was (yesterday) 7 weeks and 2 days. My edd is December 13th.

Brityn was unimpressed with the blob. I think she may think we are crazy, after all this talk about going to see the baby in mommy's belly... I really thought it would look a little more baby-esque. But she was excited about the cherry sucker nurse Jenny gave her.

I hate to admit this to everyone but I'm weak. I begged for drugs. I'm the type of person who doesn't even take Tylenol for a headache. I don't take cold medicine unless I'm unable to sleep. I sucked it up being pregnant with Brityn, throwing up every day until I was around 15 weeks. This time it is killing me. The first time I felt alright all day until 5:00-ish. Then I would get really sick, this time it's. all. day. long. I can't drink anything. I have to force myself to eat, it's the only thing that makes me feel better, and I have to do that about every 1.5 hours. Nothing tastes good so I'm just forcing food down my throat. And I'm still throwing up several times a day. Ahh the joys. So, I begged for drugs, and they gave them to me :) I hope they help!

3 comments:

Becky and Scott said...

I'm so glad the appointment went well and that there is INDEED a baby in your belly!!! :) Can't wait to see pictures of the little thing!! And I'm so sorry you are feeling icky!! Here's to hoping those pills can work MIRACLES!!! Love ya!!!

ABJ&G said...

I feel your pain!! -Still not feeling great and I am 14 weeks!!
Bobbie

katy said...

I Hope you start feeling better! Hopefully the drugs will do the trick. :)