This was the day we got to Tucson (Wednesday) and it may have been the last time we saw a smile until Friday.
Grandma Kaye's mountain lion in front of her house. Her brother makes these sculptures, she has a house full of his work.
Going for a walk to look at cactus. My Grandma lives in a gated retirement community so every one has really nicely decorated front yards. I use the term "yard" loosely. It's more like a 3' x 4' patch of rocks.
This is how every picture came out on our walk. Brityn would see a cactus or decoration she liked and ask me to take a picture of her with it and then wouldn't even look at me most of the time.
We flew out at 6:30 on Wednesday morning. Brityn was awake at 2:30 and never went back to sleep. It made for a long night and an even longer day. When we got to the airport and I put her Pooh blanket in the bin to go through security screening and she freaked out, she freaked out about having to take her shoes off, she freaked out about pretty much everything. But, she was pretty good on the plane so that was a good thing. I brought a DVD player with movies, lots of snacks, and some books. We had a 3 hour layover in Salt Lake, thank Heavens there is a play area! Otherwise I may have turned around and went home at that point. We grabbed a quick breakfast and she ran around the airport the whole time. She wouldn't let my mom help her with anything, it had to be mommy. She was just rotten. Until we found the play area. Thank you Jesus for the play area. We were able to sit and relax for the rest of our layover. The second flight she fell asleep almost immediately so that was nice. Once we got there though the fight was back on. She had a cold or allergies or both and was really snotty (literally) so the whole time in the car she would have snot running down her nose and wouldn't let my mom wipe it off so we got to listen to her scream about that until she passed out from exhaustion.
After stopping for groceries, visiting with a friend of my moms (who oddly enough we ran into in the parking lot at the grocery store!), stopping at my uncle's so he could tighten the car seat down for me... the car seat!! let me tell you, never rent a car seat! Pay to fly your own or do an over sized carry on! They are the cheapest most ridiculous things you've ever seen! I had nothing but problems with it the whole time we were there. Ugh!! Okay back on track... We finally got to Grandma Kaye's and she was definitely surprised! I went to the door by myself and when she opened it she was speechless for a minute then asked me "is this for real?" Then she nearly knocked me aside running out the door looking for Brityn. I'm sure if I hadn't brought her with me she would have told us to leave right then and there ;) I'm so glad no one let on we were coming!
We didn't do much on Thursday. I had to run to Target to grab a few things I forgot to pack. Brityn was terrible in the store. She didn't want to sit in the front of the cart. She made me change carts because she saw the ones that have the little plastic seats in front, then she wouldn't sit in it. I carried her half the time and chased her the rest. Finally I put her in the the basket. Apparently there was some sort of food in it that I failed to see and she ate it! I threw up in my mouth a little at that point. It didn't even cross my mind till the next day that it could have been something with peanuts it it! Luckily it must have been safe. We had lunch with grandma and a friend of hers at the clubhouse, went for a walk, and went swimming. It was SO warm and nice. I miss that weather.
2 comments:
Sorry to hear that you had such a rough time with Brityn! Kendra was the opposite, she was a terror on the planes but good on the layovers (for the most part, she had her moments). Traveling with toddlers is HARD! Oh, and I forgot to tell you about the carseat! We did a rental the first time and NEVER AGAIN. We checked her carseat on this last time. Those rentals are ridiculous!
Its SO nice to know that other parents go through the same stuff I do. I REFUSE to take Jackson to the store by myself anymore. Fun stuff :)
Bobbie C.
Post a Comment