We had the appointment for Brityn's "lazy eye" this morning. Which I don't think is the correct term. More like cross eyed I guess. First the nurse checked her with just a pen light and said she saw it in both eyes :0! Then the doctor checked a couple different ways, including some drops to dilate her eyes (she was NOT happy with that!). He said everything looked perfectly fine. A lot of babies get pseudo eye crossing because of the shape of their eyes and the shape of the face (chubbiness I assume) it sort of hides the whites of their eyes in the folds and makes it look like they are going cross eyed.
While we were waiting for the drops to dilate her eyes a couple came in with a baby and of course Brityn was very curious about her so they nicely sat her on the floor so they could check each other out. I didn't ask for details but the poor little girl (10 months) was apparently blind or close to it. It made me realize no matter what the doctor said about Brityn's eyes we are very blessed to have a very healthy baby and even if she was cross eyed things could be so much worse. Thank you Jesus!
2 comments:
I am so glad that the appointment went well and that there is no damage to her eyes or anything majorly wrong. We are so blessed to have healthy children! I thank God EVERYDAY!!!
Agreed, very blessed to have healthy children! I'm glad the appointment went well too!
Rach
Post a Comment