Brityn had her 1 year appointment today. She got her MMR, chickenpox, and a pneumonia vaccine. I like the flu shots so much better than the vaccines, so does she :(
Stats:
Height- 29 1/4" (50%)
Weight- 17.2 lbs (3%) she wasn't even on the charts.
Yes, your reading that right 3%. That means out of 100 children her age 97 of them weigh more than she does. She has lost weight since her last doctors visit. On December 2 she got a weight check with her flu booster shot and she was 17.8 lbs. So, Doctor Jill wants us to up her caloric intake a lot! Brityn is to eat butter on everything, sour cream, cream cheese, half and half in her cereal, pretty much anything high in fat and calories is on the menu. We are supposed to start whole milk along with continuing to nurse as that is the best source of fat for her. That made me breath a sigh of relief because I have been getting pressure from people to quit and I was afraid she might be another one of those people. I'm not ready to quit and I don't think that Brityn is either. We have to take her back in 6 weeks for a weight check so fingers crossed we can get some fat on her skinny little bones.
Also, even though she is not yet 20 lbs we were given the go ahead to face her forward in the car seat. The doctor said because of her height and physical development (muscular) she would be fine and that she would do it if it was her own child.
I will post about her birthday tonight or tomorrow.
2 comments:
Little little Brityn! We are also putting butter on things and trying to get Kendra to get as many calories as possible! Best of luck with getting Brityn to gain weight! Good for you continuing to breastfeed, I think that's awesome!
Well,I'm happy your Dr. gave you peace of mind to keep nursing! Do it as long as you guys are happy! And I hope she starts gaining soon, big (((hugs)))!! I hope the shots don't bother her either!
Love Rach
Post a Comment