Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Brityn!

Wow! One year ago today (actually tomorrow-because I'm post dating this since I'm taking Brityn to get her one year pictures and to pick up her birthday cake in Bozeman tomorrow. Today was my due date though!) my sweet little girl was born. What a wonderful year it has been. I can't imagine my life without this little person. What a blessing God has given us in her.

Things Brityn is doing at 1 year old:
  • walking
  • eating only big people food. Favorites include; anything with spaghetti sauce, cheese, Cheerios, Mexican food, hamburger, sausage, ketchup, hot sauce, and stir fry with noodles. Though she will pretty much eat anything
  • starting to imitate sounds and words. She has been working on "puppy"
  • taking two 1-2 hour naps a day, but only at home. Papa's is a different story
  • goes to sleep on her own, normally with very little crying or no crying
  • plays happily or "reads" in her crib after waking up
  • loves all her stuffed toys and hugs and kisses them regularly
  • gives us hugs when asked and on her own. She is not as free with her kisses
  • helps get herself dressed by raising arms and pushing then through the sleeves
  • loves bath time would stay and play forever if I would let her
  • beginning to use a spoon on her own... not well!
  • does not like to be fed anymore, wants to do it herself
  • loves her books and frequently brings them to us to be read
  • more addicted to her binky than ever :O( she is only supposed to have it at bedtime and nap time but somehow she always winds up finding a hidden one somewhere
  • smiles when told
  • more at ease with strangers
  • still using infant car seat
  • wearing size 3 diapers even though she could still be in size 2 but I can't find them in bulk packs
  • wearing clothes sizes 3 months-12 months. Yes, she still can fit in 3-6 month clothes
  • loves to shake her head "no" even when she means "yes"

And with that I will leave you with some pictures.



did I mention she likes spaghetti sauce?
this is what I came home to the other night... so sweet


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So precious! She's getting so big!

Rach

Becky and Scott said...

Awwwww!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITYN!!! You are getting so big and doing soooo many big girl things!!!! Love the pictures!!! :)

xoxo